Unit 2 Conversation Pair Work (1a) Student B

Fill in the blanks with your own opinion.

Listen to Student A state an opinion.

Choose one response, and give reasons for your opinion.


Agree Disagree

         You’re right.                                    Perhaps, but ...

         That’s a good point.                        I’m not sure I agree.

         I agree.                                            I’m afraid I disagree.

         That’s right.                                     I don’t agree.

         I think so, too.       I totally disagree.

I know what you mean.                   Maybe, but …


Fill in the blanks with your own opinion.

Read a sentence to Student B and listen to their response.

Keep the conversation going by giving and asking for opinions.


 6.  Don’t you think living alone is _________________ ?


 7.  In my opinion, _____________ is the best city in Japan.


 8.  I feel _________ is the best app on my cell phone.


 9. It seems to me that you are the _________ student in this class.


10. I think ___________ is the most popular manga in Japan.