Unit 2 Conversation Pair work (1a) Student A

Fill in the blanks with your own opinion.

Listen to Student B state an opinion.

Choose one response, and give reasons for your opinion.


 1.  I feel __________ is the best prefecture in Japan.


 2.  In my opinion, _______ is the best season.


 3.  Don’t you think _______ Okonomiyaki is better than _______ okonomiyaki?


 4. I feel that ____________ is the most exciting sport to watch.


5. I think ___________ will be the most popular color to wear next season.  



Fill in the blanks with your own opinion.

Read a sentence to Student B and listen to their response.

Keep the conversation going by giving and asking for opinions.



Agree Disagree

         You’re right.             Perhaps, but ...

That’s a good point.     I’m not sure I agree.

         I agree.                                               I’m afraid I disagree.

         That’s right.                                         I don’t agree.

         I think so, too.                                     Maybe, but …

  I understand what you mean.            I feel differently about that.