Unit 3 Conversation Group Work (1a) Student C

Giving and Asking for Details 

Take turns asking questions with your partners.

Respond to answers with as much detail as you can.


        You are Student C


Step 1: Work together.
Read the conversation with your own answers in the blanks.
   Add interesting details.


Student A: When I was in _____________ school, I was a very ______ student.


Student B: Can you give me an example?


Student A: I always ______________.


Student C: Really? What about you (Student B's name)? Were you a ______ student, too? 


Student B: Yes / No, because _________________.


____________________________________________________________________________________


Step 2: Listen to Student A’s statements.
   Then, ask several questions to get more details.
   Use the Wh-question words. 


Step 3: Listen to Student B's statements.
   Then, ask several questions to get more details.
   Use the Wh-question words.


Step 4: Student C, starts the conversation.
Read the sentence to Student A and Student B with your own answers.
Answer Student A and Student B’s questions with details. 


Student C: In the future, I want to be able to __________. 


___________________________________________________________________________________

Start your own conversation.

Sample topics:

    My favorite pet

    My favorite food

    The subject in school I don’t like

    My favorite baseball team

    My favorite smartphone brand

    My favorite Social Network application